I got nominated twice.
I am supermegaawesomefoxyhot like that.
This made me squeal like a hungry piglet
Also, when put together like that, they look like boobs.
The rules of the Liebster Award are as follow:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
I was nominated by:
Questions they asked me (yeah, I am combining them as there were couple of overlaps)
1. Why did you start book blogging?
A – Giveaways. I recently started entering draws on all those awesome giveaway hops (I have yet to win anything, but keeping my fingers crossed), and I kept thinking: dude, this is such an awesome thing. I wish I had my own blog so I can give away free stuff too. And well, now I do. I already have two giveaways scheduled for February, so don’t forget to check back
2. What is your favorite book genre?
A – Urban Fantasy.
3. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
A – Well, “Psah to reality” is pretty much how I feel about reality. It’s a lame, boring thing. We all need less reality and more magic in our lives. As for Lindie Dagenhart, I figured that if I ever finish this damn book I’m writing and someone other than me likes it, that is the name I want on the cover. It’s close enough to my real name that I’ll answer when called, and far enough that I get to be someone else. I get to superimpose a new reality.
4. What are your top 3 favorite book blogs?
A – I’m a Reader, Not a Writer for hosting the before mentioned awesome giveaway hops. Parajunkee whose blogging tips made me feel brave enough to give this a go. Book Blogs which isn’t actually a blog, but it has allowed me to meet cool other bloggers and therefore I am gonna count it.
5. Who is your favorite author?
A – The one I am reading right now whose book is blowing me away. Which is to say, any author who blows me away in the heat of the read-moment. I am easy like that.
6. What do you love about book blogging?
A – This month I have bought 8 books based solely on blogging promotion. These bloggers inspired me to go out and discover someone new. I love that one person can have that kind of influence, and all just because they posted something as simple as a review, or cover reveal. I want that, I want to share the books I love with the world, and maybe have someone else fall in love with them too.
7. What do you dislike about book blogging?
A – Keeping reviews spoiler free. I’m a newbie reviewer, so I haven’t reached any kind of professional calmness yet, I am still OMG AMAZEBALLS EXCITED when I read an awesome book, and if the book is part of a series, I want to speculate on where I think the story is going. I want to flap my fiction-conspiracy theories in the breeze. And that’s not cool. No one wants to be spoiled before they had the chance to read the book.
8. What is you favorite Meme?
A – I don’t really have one yet. I’ve only participated in, like, 1 or 2, so I have yet to form any lasting bonds.
9. What was your favorite book(s) of 2012?
A – Not a single book, but my favourite series of 2012 (as in I read them all in 2012, I think only the last book was actually published in 2012) was The Newsflesh Trilogy by Mira Grant. I love that it’s a zombie book not about the actual zombies, but about how humanity adapts and (more or less) survives the zombie outbreak. The news bloggers take over the world. Home testing kits and decontamination units are installed in every home. And in the middle of running from the undead, running from the evil government, exposing diabolical secrets and insane scientific experiments, it’s mostly a story about love, friendship, family. Also, ZOMBIES. I freakin’ love zombies, dude.
10. How did you come up with the theme or design for your blog?
A – By accident, actually. I had a whole other design in mind. One with a little cartoon girl like all the cool websites have. I needed something to show the lack of reality, and the howling werewolf appeared outside her window. And then, somehow, everything else fell away and the wolf remained. I predict the design will change again before this blog is even 4 months old.
11. Are you participating in any reading challenges this year? If so, which ones?
A – So far only in the TBR Pile Challenge (I need to read 20 books I’ve been meaning to forever, but never get around to). And the YA Audiobook Challenge (I need to listen to and review 24 YA audio books). I might join 1 or 2 more maximum. Something page based, maybe. Or something genre related. Know any good ones?
12. Movie or Book?
A – The book is always better! The movie is always prettier and sometimes has nekkid people! I can’t answer this question without breaking my brain.
13. Would you rather be the Reader or the Writer?
A – Both. Reading is amazing, but there is something very satisfying about getting to dictate where the story goes. Then again, writing is a lot of work and reading is (mostly) easy.
14. What irritates you the most about books?
A – Too much romance, not enough people getting stabbed in the face. I am a disgrace to girls everywhere. Also, they never pick the love interest I am rooting for. Like 5/6 times? Wrong choice.
15. Where is your favorite place to read?
A – In bed *waggles eyebrows*
16. Why do you love reading?
A – I love the escape. I love losing hours at a time just exploring someone else’s made up universe. I LOVE when a book is so attention grabey that I don’t even notice the hours passing. I love that in books I get to go places I will never see in real life. Meet the kind of people who could never exist. See magic. And swordfights. And dragons being born. And fairies stealing souls. I especially love a really well crafted villain. Someone so deliciously evil, you want to lick them and choke them at the same time.
11 Random Facts about Me
1. Sometimes I laugh for no reason just to see if anyone will ask what’s so funny.
2. When I’m reading a print book, I always sit with it in my lap. When I’m reading an ebook, I flop all over the bed laying on back/stomach/side, trying to find a comfortable spot.
3. I cannot keep plants alive.
4. I have 5 blank canvasses staring at me. Accusing me with their white faces. Judging me.
5. I suffer from social anxiety disorder. Quite badly, actually.
6. I am incredibly competitive and cant stand losing. Especially in those cases where the other person doesn’t even know there was a competition.
7. My favourite colours are purple, black and silver.
8. I was raised on the Queen’s English. Which is why you see the extra u’s everywhere.
9. I love vanilla milkshakes, but not vanilla ice cream.
10. I own more bottles of flavoured vodka than shoes.
11. I hate shopping. Shopping makes me cry. Unless it’s shopping for books. And even then, I prefer to do it from behind the computer. Where the retail workers don’t give me funny looks for my book choices.
1. Random Musings of a Curious Mind
2. Lily Pond Reads
3. Java With Jambor
4. The Kooky Bookworm
5. Out of the Bags
6. Sweet Reads Reviews
7. Night Readings
8. Afternoon Bookery
9. Dream Reads
10. The Bitches of Eastwick
11. Bookworm Babblings
Questions for my Nominees:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
2. How many hours in a day do you spend reading or blogging?
3. What do you think is the most depressing fictional character’s death and why?
4. What’s the prettiest bookcover on your shelf?
5. What is your favorite book genre?
6. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?
7. How do you feel about fanfiction?
8. What are you planning on reading for the rest of January?
9. What’s the predominant bookcover colour of the books on your shelf?
10. Do you like audiobooks? And if so, who’s your favourite narrator?
11. What was your favourite childhood toy?