Month in Review: May 2013

I just realized I forgot to do one of these for April. I’d been fiddling with the new design at the time, and had sort of tunnel vision. Anyway, this is what’s been going on this month: Reviews Posted: Blog Tour: Memory’s Wake by Selina Fenech (YA Fantasy) Review: Pretty Girl 13 by Liz Coley (YA Contemporary) Blog Tour: Playing Hooky by Rita Webb (NA Paranormal Romance) Review: Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison (Adult Urban Fantasy) Review: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (YA Sci Fi) Review: Spirit by Brigid Kemmerer (YA Paranormal) Review: Even White Trash Zombies Get The Blues by Diana Rowland (Adult Urban Fantasy) Review: Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry (YA Contemporary) Review: Altered by Jennifer Rush (YA Sci Fi) Review: Twilight Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko (Adult Urban Fantasy) Memes / Events Participated In: Top 10 Tuesday: Favorite Covers Of Books I’ve Read Armchair BEA: Day 1 – Introductions Armchair BEA: Day 2 – Blogger Development and Genre Fiction Giveaways Held: Win a tree related book in the Spring Blog … read more

Armchair BEA Day 2: Blogger Development and Genre Fiction

Design credit: Nina of Nina Reads Day 2: Blogger Development and Genre Fiction Blogger Development Admittedly, I have not done as much developing as I should have, but at the same time I’ve done a lot more than I ever thought I would. Does that make sense? I may (or may not, I forget) have mentioned in my Intro Post that I am kind of a hermit type. People smarter than me call it social anxiety disorder. I don’t deal well with social situations and I am no good at reaching out to people, or maintaining that bond once I have it. So this blog is kind of an experiment in how far out of my comfort zone I can push myself. Those first couple of times I posted? I freaked the hell out, man. Total basket case hours before and after the posts went live. Seems so silly now. I’ve … read more

Armchair BEA Day 1: Introductions

Design credit: Nina of Nina Reads Day 1: Introductions 1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? Greetings fellow bloggers, readers and random crazy folk. My name is Lindie. I am… old enough that we don’t need to talk about that. I have been blogging for all of 5 months. I feel weirdly proud saying that. Not sure why, am bettin’ most of you are like 2+ year veterans. I am a sad, dorky fangirl who likes to fall in love with fictional people. If I find an author whose work I enjoy, I will stalk them mercilessly. In a non contact making way. I am the kind of alien who observes and studies, not the kind who wants to be taken to your leader. Socializing with the leader would be way too much pressure. … read more

Top 10 Favorite Covers of Books I’ve Read

Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly feature at The Broke and the Bookish featuring her love of all things lists! Top Ten Righto, in no particular order, these are the books where the cover grabbed my attention before I even knew what the book was about. Click the cover to go to the review page (where available) or Goodreads page (where not) if you want to know more.

Month in Review: March 2013

Reviews Posted: Review: One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy (NA Contemporary Romance) Review: 365 Days by K.E. Payne (YA Contemporary / LGBTQI) Review: The Order Of The Poison Oak by Brent Hartinger (YA Contemporary / LGBTQI) Review: 15 Days Without A Head by Dave Cousins (YA Contemporary) Review: Double Feature: Attack Of The Soul-Sucking Brain Zombies/Bride Of The Soul-Sucking Brain Zombies by Brent Hartinger (YA Contemporary / LGBTQI) Review: Tamed by Douglas R. Brown (Adult Urban Fantasy / Horror) Review: The Elephant Of Surprise by Brent Hartinger (YA Contemporary / LGBTQI) Review: Dash & Lily’s Book Of Dares by Rachel Cohn, David Levithan (YA Contemporary Romance) Audio Review: Trapped by Kevin Hearne (Adult Urban Fantasy) Series Spotlight: Codex Alera by Jim Butcher (Adult Epic Fantasy)   Blog Tour Stops: Review: Surrender by Rhiannon Paille (YA Fantasy) Review: Disconnect by Imran Siddiq (YA Sci Fi) Review: The Game by Shane Scollins (Adult Thriller)   Memes / Events Participated In: Top 10 Tuesday: Books I HAD to buy, but are still sitting on my shelf unread Bloggiesta Stacking the … read more

Meme: Stacking the Shelves #4

Sharing the new books weighing down my to be read pile. Hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs Slashback by Rob Thurman The Archived by Victoria Schwab Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues by Diana Rowland (audiobook) Splintered by A.G. Howard (audiobook) Playing Hooky by Rita Webb (book tour)

Top Ten: Books I HAD To Buy…But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread

Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly feature at The Broke and the Bookish featuring her love of all things lists! Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy…But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread I am SO glad I am not the only person doing this. I always feel like a terrible person for letting the books just lay there sad and alone. One day, man, one day. 1. Huntress by Malinda Lo 2. Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr 3. Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout 4. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater 5. Gravity by Melissa West 6. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins 7. Lockdown by Alexander Gordon Smith 8. Providence by Jamie McGuire 9. Possess by Gretchen McNeil 10. A Devil in the Details by K.A. Stewart

Month in Review: February 2013

Reviews Posted: Series Spotlight: Cal Leandros series by Rob Thurman (Adult Urban Fantasy) Book Review: Witch Eyes by Scott Tracey (YA Paranormal / Urban Fantasy) Book Review: Catching Jordan by Miranda Kinneally (YA Contemporary Romance) Book Review: Trickster by Jeff Somers (Adult Urban Fantasy) Book Review: Geography Club by Brent Hartinger (YA Contemporary / LGBTQI) Book Review: Looking For Alaska by John Green (YA Contemporary) Guest Book Review: Wings by Aprilynne Pike (YA Paranormal)   Blog Tour Stops: Book Review: Writing Scary Scenes by Rayne Hall (Non Fiction – Writing Craft)   Challenge Status: 2013 Debut Author Challenge: 0/12 2013 Ebook Challenge: 4/15 2013 Young Adult Audiobook Challenge: 0/24 2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge: 5/20   Giveaways Held:   Win 1 of 6 LGBT YA Books for the Follower Love Giveaway Hop – over Win Slashback by Rob Thurman Leap Into Books Giveaway Hop – still accepting entries!   Coming … read more

Meme: Stacking the Shelves #3

Sharing the new books weighing down my to be read pile. Hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. Writing Scary Scenes by Rayne Hall Surrender by Rhiannon Paille Disconnect by Imran Siddiq For Review – Netgalley Approvals Trickster by Jeff Somers Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan The Elephant of Surprise by Brent Hartinger 15 Days Without a Head by Dave Cousins Moonset by Scott Tracey

Know Me Better #2

Hosted by Kathy @ I Am A Reader, Not A Writer. This week’s Questions Is there anything you would like to say to or ask your favorite author? Are you a dreamer or a realist? Theater or Rental? Share a family tradition. Favorite late night snack? Is there anything you would like to say to or ask your favorite author? Uh… can we be BFFs forever? Can I sleep over at your place and rifle through your rough drafts while you’re not looking? Can I go all Misery on you? Yeah, no, it’s probably for the best that I not be allowed near famous people. I have a 39% chance of being scary, a 60% chance of just giggling and knocking things over, and a 1% chance of wetting myself in joy. I am bad at social situations, yo. Are you a dreamer or a realist? I call myself a realist, … read more

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...