My name is Lindie, and I will be your host this fine evening/morning/whichever time you are currently experiencing.
Things To Know About Me
- I read. A lot. Over quite a few genres and age groups. And this blog is where I will voice my opinions (and sometimes outright squealing) on most of the books I read. If you are interested in knowing more about my reading habits, feel free to check out my REVIEW POLICY or even the REVIEW ARCHIVE.
- I write. Mostly YA, and mostly fantasy, but certainly not exclusively. At this stage in time I am unpublished (unless you count some dodgy fanfic that I will never admit to in polite conversation, but I’ve not been doing that for a couple of years now). I don’t think there will be too much nattering on about my writing on this blog, as I am fairly insecure about it and have not yet scraped together enough courage to show the recent work to anyone.
- I draw and paint, but neither very well. I also dabble in digital art such as 3d, manipulations and pixel art. Also not particularly well, but I enjoy it anyway. Occasionally I post some of what I’ve been up to my sadly underused ART TUMBLER
- I LOVE baking. And eating. *ahem* And it really shows. Cakes and cookies are my favorites. I may show off a particularly good result from time to time, but in all honesty, baked goods do not last long enough in my house to make it to picture taking time.
- I have the attention span of a slice of processed cheese.
- I am one of those rare flighty Capricorns who would rather play than do something productive.
- I tend to start a lot of things that I will never finish.
- I am completely irreverent and prone to making bad, inappropriate jokes.
- I have a potty mouth, though I will try to reign it in for this blog.
- I love animals. Cats especially. I am a crazy cat lady in the making.
- I am terribly socially awkward. To the point where it’s more social anxiety disorder than awkwardness.
- I live in South Africa.
- I am an only child.
- I am a lazy bum. I procrastinate like you wouldn’t believe, and if there is a way to weasel out of doing something, I will be that weasel.
- My cat is named after rum and my dog after a celebrity chef.
- I live in my head a lot, and would rather be daydreaming than face up to what reality has to offer.
- I watch WAY too much TV. I keep saying one day I will also post reviews on my favorite shows, but that hasn’t happened yet. This goes back to either, the short attention span point, or the lazy point. Possibly even both. One of my favorite things is introducing TV shows to friends and family.
- I prefer to watch movies/TV by myself. I pretend to be tough and badass, but actually I am a giant sap and I cry easily. I don’t like people seeing me cry.
Pretending to be Social
- One of the awesome things about the internet is that it allows people like me (see the social anxiety disorder point) to put ourselves out there without freaking out too badly. It lets me pretend I actually know how to be friends with people. And it reminds me that I am not alone, and that there are other super neurotic weirdoes out there. So, if you are one too, or if you just like listening to me ramble, you can find on all these places:
About This Here Blog
I actually debated for a long time whether or not to go ahead with this, it’s not like there is a shortage of book blogs out there, nor do I think my opinion is one that’s never been heard before. But you know what? I am done letting myself be discouraged by what other people do/don’t do. I like reading, and I like telling people about the awesome book I just finished. And hopefully one day, maybe I can introduce a book to someone else and have them discover something new and amazing and we will all live together in happy daisy land. So I say, screw reality, let’s fall in love with some fictional people.
- I cross post my reviews to the following places:
- Goodreads (all reviews)
- Amazon (all reviews)
- Barnes & Noble (by request. Warning: B&N seems to hate me and does not always offer the ability to review.)
Blog Age: 2 Months
Facebook Fans: 114
Twitter Followers: 116
Total Page Views: 576
Average Views Per Day: 21
Total # Reviews On Site: 14
Blog Age: 4 Months
Facebook Fans: 260
Twitter Followers: 288
Total Page Views: 3049
Average Views Per Day: 27
Total # Reviews On Site: 39
Blog Age: 5 Months
Facebook Fans: 270
Twitter Followers: 309
Total Page Views: 3260
Average Views Per Day: 24
Total # Reviews On Site: 48